Skip to main content

Reflection

 
 
Turning your life over to Christ means change. It means you strive daily to live your life Christ like. It means your old man is dead and you become a new creation. Sins forgiven. I find it daunting when I hear many say I am still a baby christian after many years of Sunday services, Bible studies, and prayer meetings. Still clubbing, drinking, having sex outside of marriage and the... list goes on. It means we have made a choice to turn away from a life that appears to have brought us to Christ in the first place but yet, many have not fully committed by choice.

Crying the same cry Sunday after Sunday. Going to the alter for the same pains of life one chooses to participate in. Only praying when a disaster stricks. Only calling on God when things are in an upheaval. If God knocked on your door or called your number, would you be ready, would you answer the call. I am in no way saying we must be perfect, that will never happen but what I am saying is simple, either your in or your out, it is like straddling the fence.

The word of God tells us in Luke 16:13 NLT- No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. The King James Version in this same verse uses mammon instead of money. The meaning is the same. Choose life or death.

Rambling thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective...

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing...

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these chall...