Skip to main content

Screaming At Chronic Pain



The days and nights are a struggle. Movement takes much effort but I press on. Since the diagnosis of degenerative disk disease and arthritis I thought nothing of it. I did not have much in the way of symptoms. My days were normal and I seemed to enjoy them all. That was fourteen years ago. Now, shear anger and frustration, sadness and fear. Exhaustion mentally and physically. Chronic pain is no laughing matter. Sharp pain, stiffness, muscle spasms in my back, legs, arms and hands, neck. Headaches. Nothing seems to give me comfort for long. So much medication I wonder if I am the new CVC or a mini Walgreens, most of I can't even take. Disparate. Tests after test to only hear more disturbing results, possible disability.

That is my life. I scream at chronic pain. Sleep is non existent. I think back to the woman with the issue of blood. She just knew that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus's garment she would be healed. Faith. I close my eyes and repeat, by his stripes I am healed to open my eyes and still feel that debilitating pain. Going to work smiling when I want to scream and cry oceans. Faith. I have faith but in all honesty my faith waivers and I want to give up. At times I attempt to give up but then I am reminded by a smile or laugh or a kind word from another. Reminded by the little hands and feet, laughter and sounds from my grand children. There are days when I do give up, but God. Those days when walking is a triathlon, I still have faith. In those nights that sleep is absent, I still have faith.

I do know that all things do work together for the good of those who love the Lord and when I can't do much else, I praise Him. God is our healer. God is our refuge. So today, I focus yet again on the healing power of an almighty Savior. Today, I am not be at my best but, I look to the best, Jesus and his righteousness.  I may be down but I'm not out. I am NEVER out.

Be Blessed - I Am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective...

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing...

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these chall...