Skip to main content

Pride - The Internal Death



Everyday that God blesses me to wake up I am reminded of His goodness.  Many did not get this realization, they passed away. Their soul and body are no longer present within the living.  To keep this reminder allows me to focus yet again on the tasks that God has set in my spirit and path.  To acknowledge the all knowing, always present God keeps me focused on always doing the work needed to accomplish the ultimate task, building the kingdom of God.  Take for example.  Pride is destructive, I know because I fight daily in the flesh to avoid prideful behavior and thoughts, I don't always win.  Being prideful if not checked will cause failure. Failure of growth keeping one stagnated and stuck.  Children learn from the parent or parents. Our children are a gift from God and when we abuse that gift, destruction and generational curses rise.  I can not for the life of me understand why an adult would physically abuse a child.  What satisfaction can one gain from torturing a defenseless human being with verbal, mental and sexual abuse.  My heart grieves for these innocents.  

There are so many who not allowed to enjoy the blessings of their children or grand children because of pride and selfishness, this must stop. It does take a village. There are many single mothers and fathers who are angry and because of that anger, has taken it upon themselves to exclude and due to that exclusion who suffers, the children. Many benefits are being ignored because pride has crept into the very soul of many who feel that the only way to control is to eliminate and ignore those who want to be a vital participant in a child’s life.  I know because I am faced with this very issue.  But I have learned to not dis pare. I have learned that it is not my responsibility to force another to participate in my life or allow me to participate in theirs so, I pray and speak life into all of the children affected by this insulting act, pridefulness and selfishness.  I habitually ask God to forgive and release His power of protection and grace not just for the offenders but the offended ones. I ask God to bring home all of the missing children who have been taken and trust me there are so many children who have been kidnapped.  I ask God to bring to light that which many think is hidden in the dark because nothing is hidden from God, He knows all things.  I ask God to show me the direction that I should go in doing what I know He requires me to do even if it is behind the scenes for His ways are truly better than my ways and His thoughts are no doubt higher then my thoughts.

Taking another for granted only leads to a major disappointment for the one who is doing that taking because the reality is, if you are not doing what is right by others surely what is right will not be done unto you.  Its the eye for an eye. 

Some are prideful because they do not want to reveal whats inside of them or what trials they are facing for fear of embarrassment. They do not want to allow others to know whats gong on behind the scenes of their life because of gossipers and finger pointers. You know those ones who will help you but talk about you behind your back. I know its  happened to me.  Such as being hungry and not asking for food. Like being in some kind of need and not wanting to ask for help with that need for fear that others will look down on them or worst, ignore it.  Its a learned behavior. How can I say that? Because I know what it feels like, I have been there. When I have been in need, I asked for help and it was ignored or better yet some would know of the need but ignored it and did not offer to help. 

 So when you face that kind of upset you find yourself keeping your stuff to yourself OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but God. God can make a way out of no way and He knows our every need and because of this He puts the motions in place and your need is met. Be the need of conversation, a smile, a hug, substance what ever the need God can and will provided if we trust and believe. Ain't God good. 

Proverbs says this about pride. Its leads to disgrace  Proverbs 11:2, pride produces arguments Proverbs 13:10, pride leads to punishment Proverbs 16:5, pride ends in downfall Proverbs 18:12 and pride brings one to humiliation Proverbs 29:23.   But humility can eliminate pride. Humility leads to wisdom, takes advise, leads to honor and ends in honor, humility brings one to honor.  All of these characteristics are in the same Proverbs.  Take it upon yourself to seek that wisdom and use it in your life, seek to include and remember what you do unto to others will be done unto you. Ask God to forgive you and offer forgiveness to others. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Walk with Him and allow Him to walk with you. Its that simple.  

May the grace of God keep us, guide us and protect us for in the end, to God be all the glory.  

Peace. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

Celebration Of Life

Looking back over my life I can honestly say I did good shoot, I did better than good. Loosing my mother at 16 and me being a teenage mother I didn't crumble, crash and burn. Oh I did a zig when I should have made that zag. I believed too many lies and did not pay attention to the sirens warning me to run for the hills. I have made plenty of mistakes and many I wish I could go back and reverse, but God knew the plans he had for me because His word says that our steps are ordered. I have learned a lot about the psychological makeup of people including myself and that is why nothing surprises me anymore. I am not easily tricked up even though I may act like I don't see it, I do. I expect nothing and appreciate everything. Though I may be different, I celebrate my different because it and God has saved my life.  Bad choices and learned lessons. At 52 there are things that no longer matter as they did when I was young and impressionable. Looking back, all I can say is tha