Skip to main content

Get Ready



For the past few months, I have been having dreams. Vivid and relational dreams. Dreams about large bodies of water, being surrounded by large bodies of water yet, no in fear. I should have been in fear because I don't swim and I do have a fear of water higher then my knees and even then, I am shaky. I have had dreams of my past and many who were in it. Like how I said “were”. Dreams are a part of all of us but do we know why we dream? Is it some deep emotional story trying to get out and be realized or a dream of caution, a beware. Something or someone beckoning you to press pause, stop or rewind and play? A dream of warning? If you read the story of Joseph in Genesis starting with chapter 27 and ending with 41, you will understand this post.

Genesis 41 is dear to me, here is why. In late 2006 I had a dream about 7 individuals that I know. It was not a warm and fuzzy dream, it was a dream of the familiar, of the pain, of sadness and regret. Devastation. I awoke to tears, actual tears meaning I was crying not only in this dream, I was in that present moment physically shedding tears. Fear was very present in my spirit. Insomnia came to visit and has never left only brought friends. I grabbed my bible and on the first turn I opened to the book of Genesis chapter 41. Seven. Seven fated calves, seven sickly calves, seven heads of good grain and seven heads of withered grain. Moral of that story is, you will have 7 years of good harvest and 7 years of famine, get ready. I say that in my deep Bishop T.D.Jakes voice. Get ready? Ready for what? My realization was death. My oldest Big Sister passed away months later March 2007. This was my turning point. God used a dream to get my attention so that I would be ready.

Get ready. God is speaking in His small still voice to His children, get ready. The media is busy showing millions what is happening in the world. Get ready. Amber alerts blast with the latest abduction, Get ready. Campaigns are starting for the many officials and your voter pamphlets have arrived. Get ready. Companies are continuing to close and many loosing jobs. Homes are still being foreclosed on meaning the homeless rate is still rising. Get ready. The suicide rate is staggering. Get ready.

God can and will use all of these events for His good. To wake us up. But you know, many are not paying attention. They are ignoring the call. Many think that they are living the life, got it made, wearing big boy and big girl pants. I shake my head at the many who's efforts are not on caring for others but selfish thought, word and action all for the sake of something that will fade away with time. Building for good lasts. Many woman no longer value themselves thus being even more devalued by men. Many men use their power, they use their power for negative results or, they don't use their power at all. Many men and woman are clueless as to the good power they have because of genertional curses. Children are being raised by dysfunctional mothers and fathers and these are our very leaders of tomorrow. When will it stop? When will the powerful realize their power and use it for good. To build and not destroy? To save a life and not kill? To eliminate starvation by feeding? If God can create a flood to destroy wickedness with the great flood, what makes you think that He will not do it again? He did do it only the next time he destroyed a city. Is it already starting? Will we be like John the Baptist who asked, Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?" Matthew 11:3.

Get ready. Take inventory of your position in life and use your goodness to build, to contribute good instead of chaos. How will you get ready? Its all in the preparation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing