Skip to main content

Are You Listening?

 
Job 33:14-15 NLT - For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it. He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds.

Have you ever felt that God has spoken to you? I have and it is very humbling to know that God chose me. He has chosen you too. There are countless stories in the Bible where God has spoken to someone and they were like, um who? Me? No Lord, not me. Yet, they stood up to the task and it was often times victorious and other times it was not so victorious.

Job was challenged beyond measure. He lost everything. He lost all of his children and their spouses. He lost is livelihood and he lost his resolve. On top of that his body was covered in painful boils and he cut on himself out of anguish. His friends judged and mocked him. His wife was not all that supportive either, she told Job to curse God and die. Job 2:8-10 NLT - Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes. His wife said to him, “Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.” 10 But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?”  So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

Job talked to God and he also listened. At the end of that hard and trying journey, Job was restored with blessings greater than what he lost and he also came away from that horrifying situation with valuable lessons. All of us have had many challenges. We have cried ourselves to sleep or we may have gotten angry and gave up all hope. I know what that is like. Throughout my adult life God has spoken to me to do something, say something, and even not to say or do something. For me it seems that God talks more to me in my sleep. I wake up like okay Lord, what was that about? I don’t always get the answer right away and there are times I don’t get an answer at all. But when the answer is revealed, I am amazed. What I have found out is that when I do exactly what he tells me to do, it works out and I or someone else was blessed. There have been times when I did not do what I was directed to do and that was a valuable lesson.  Think about that next time God speaks. It can either be a blessing or lesson. At the end of the day, all that we face is so that we can look to God and praise Him.

Psalm 85:8 NLT - I listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. But let them not return to their foolish ways.

 
I encourage you to slow down and listen for Gods whisper. Spend some quality time in His word and let the words minister to your heart. Examine yourself. Examine your integrity and disobedience. Ask God to forgive you and know that He has and then, forgive yourself. I will say that again, forgive yourself. The next time you are called in your spirit to go to that quiet spot, get moving because God is waiting for you. Are you listening?

Be Blessed.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen