Skip to main content

Blocked On Purpose


When God puts up some road blocks in your life, don't look at it no other way than your protection. Why? Because we as humans want to be connected and rightly we should be, but the thing is not everyone is qualified to be connected to you and you are NOT meant to be connected to just anything or anyone. Not everyone has the capacity to truly see who you really are and your God given gift. Instead, see it as God aligning you upwards for a purpose greater than what you can see, think, or even imagine. Remember, you are His light for those who WANT to see His purpose. There is someone watching and waiting for you to glow.

There was a time in my life where I wanted and hungered to be connected to everyone that I came in contact with. I wanted everyone to see, know, and trust that I was for them and not against them. I wanted friendships to last forever and when that didn't happen, I was devastated. I remember a connection I had with a sister. I was for her as a friend. I was loyal. Until one day a serious and violent situation took place and because I knew all parties involved, I was blamed. I cried. I held onto that abandonment for a few years. This hurt me to my core and needless to say, we were never able to reconcile.I knew the Lord and I knew His word, but at that time in my life I was not applying His word. But, God and His infinite wisdom knew who and what He was going to allow me to access, or not, and who He was going to allow access, or not.

After much reflection and a few hard knock lessons I started clearly analyzing and realizing this one fact, seasons do change and so do those connections that are not a part of God's plan for our lives. I started accepting responsibility for my false ideas of friendship and love for others. I accepted responsibility for allowing myself to give more than I received. I no longer have unrealistic expectatations when it comes to anyone or anything. I no longer place a period on any chance encounter or opportunity. I have learned this valuable lesson as well; everyones capacity to be authentic and genuine is not the same. We all have been hurt, broken, abused, and mishandled, and until we get very clear about who we are and most importantly Who's we are, the play of emotional hurt and generational sabatauge will continue.

My brothers and sisters, we are at the end of 2017, what have you learned? What life lessons have you passed with rainbow colors? What have you been blocked from and do you know why? What positive life lessons do you see yourself repeating and carrying into the new year ahead? I personally no longer make new year resolutions, I prefer to set clear goals. Why? Because we don't keep resolutions, but when you set a goal and you are passionate about that goal, there is a hunger and a greater chance that you will accomplish that goal.

Make no mistake about It, God WILL perfect His purpose one road block at a time. GET ready for the ride.

Be Blessed

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

Celebration Of Life

Looking back over my life I can honestly say I did good shoot, I did better than good. Loosing my mother at 16 and me being a teenage mother I didn't crumble, crash and burn. Oh I did a zig when I should have made that zag. I believed too many lies and did not pay attention to the sirens warning me to run for the hills. I have made plenty of mistakes and many I wish I could go back and reverse, but God knew the plans he had for me because His word says that our steps are ordered. I have learned a lot about the psychological makeup of people including myself and that is why nothing surprises me anymore. I am not easily tricked up even though I may act like I don't see it, I do. I expect nothing and appreciate everything. Though I may be different, I celebrate my different because it and God has saved my life.  Bad choices and learned lessons. At 52 there are things that no longer matter as they did when I was young and impressionable. Looking back, all I can say is tha