Skip to main content

Have You Given Up? Don't You Dare



Here comes Moses. Let my people go, he said. Imagine how Pharaoh felt when the plagues started hitting his little village. Can you imagine being pool side, sipping on your ice cold beverage, looking at the pretty blue water, and then all of a sudden it turns blood red. Red. Blood.  How about them frogs dropping out of the sky? Yeah, that for me would be a major trip. God and his infinite wisdom knows exactly how to get our attention, just as He did with Pharaoh.  Though Moses tried to talk God out of using him, Moses still obeyed. Let my people go, he said. God will cause and allow chaos to usher us into obedience. Hear me, God causes some situations to take place and others He allows.  Pharaoh was so set on the fact that he was not going to do what God told him to do, and he kept right on with his privileged life. Until God threw him a frenzy, like a 360 spinout. It’s really all about knowing the heart of God and His love for us. Just as our earthly parents would admonish us, God does the same.
Hebrews 12:1 NLT - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 
One night back in my younger days, I was headed out on the town. I was dressed to impress. I borrowed a car. I had my drink of choice and a few associates riding along. I was headed 30 miles north to Seattle, Washington, to hit a club called the Empire Plaza. Anyone who has been in the area long enough and back in the 80’s knew about the Empire Plaza. As I hit Interstate 5 and the 56th street on ramp heading north, I swerved a little too hard to the left to avoid another merging car and spun out. It was a double 360. When I finally stopped, I was facing southbound in a northbound lane in the middle of the interstate. Praise God that the oncoming traffic was far enough back that I was able to catch my breath and sanity, and immediately turn around. Needless to say, that event did not scare me enough to cancel that trip. 
Several years later, my niece and I were coming from our night out, also 30 miles away in Seattle, WA. This time as I was entering the off ramp, I was traveling too fast for the curve and began to fish tail violently. After a few seconds of keeping the steering wheel in control, I was able to gain full control and continue home. The common denominator here; I was drinking. I was not drunk, but I am sure if I had been pulled over by the nice State Patrol with their colorful red, blue, and white lights and had to submit to a sobriety test, “GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL.”  The best thing out of these events is that I did not kill myself or anyone else.  I thank God for the protection, I heard it said that God protects babies and fools. I stopped drinking several years later and after a few more wakeup calls that only affected me. No tickets, no accidents, no harm, but mental foul.  These events never left my mind.
My brothers and sisters, we are in the 4th month of 2018, are you still spinning in circles or have you gained some momentum and focus? I have been struggling, but I am pushing through. Because I am a thinker, I think myself out of doing what I need to do. Are you dragging into this New Year the same distractions, frustrations, and complaints?  Are you comparing your accomplishments or the lack thereof to that of someone else? Are you still procrastinating and making excuses? Have you given up all together? Have you allowed the circumstances of life to stop you from doing what God has called you out to do? Are you speaking negative words, having negative thoughts? Get out of the spin! Stop beating that sad and depressing drum. Turn off the flow of negative energy by doing exactly what God has called only you to do. I don’t know about you, but I have been in a choke hold mentally and physically myself. today, depression and anxiety is not as bad. and I know when to step back and pause. I will talk about pausing in my next post, stay tuned.  Be relentless and keep pushing. Keep working your plans and trust that God is right there with you. Ouch; I just pinched myself and I am still alive, so I’m gonna keep running. 
Be Encouraged

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen