Skip to main content

Stepping Back To Unveil



It has been a while since I have posted on the blog because I had nothing to say. I could not until now, put anything of substance in to words, here I am today. I pray that what I share with you today sparks your gears into motion. I pray that you will take the time out to evaluate where you are and where you desire to be and do. I pray that you understand that tomorrow truly is not promised and what you do and what you have to offer the world is revealed for the greater good of all of us, including you. Because you matter. 
,
For the past few months I have been in under a huge dark cloud. No real writing at all, just a little here and there. Reading has not been on the agenda either and for those who know me, know that I love to read. I have been unconsciously blazing through my days with this dark cloud of uncertainty. I'm over it.

As a woman with clinical depression and anxiety, I am fully aware that some days are good, some are great, and then there are those days I wonder what the Shirley Temple curls is going on and why can't I pull it together. I cry. I internalize. I analyze. I fret over not doing this or that. I'm an insomniac and I noticed that a few pounds have found their way to my stomach and behind Oh NO! Gotta go. As of late, I have been over processing my life. Maybe because I will be 56 years young soon. Shrugs shoulders. LOL. It's been that way for me. Not that anything has been terribly wrong, nothing is happening to outwardly cause me to sit on the sidelines and do mental tornado spins, but the feeling of the unknown has been present and constant thorn in my side. I'll explain. This is about self care however you have to take it. Taking care of you, especially those of you who struggle with Mental Illness. Please know that you matter, no matter what. You are needed, no matter what. I hope you can feel my cyber hug and squeeze. Lets dive in.

For the past 8 months, I had been working in a position that for the most part I enjoyed. I was hired as a temp-to-hire. Well, as time evolved, and circumstances beyond my control showed itself, I resigned from the position. Now, most would say why would you do that? Here is why; knowing who I am, what I have to offer, and standing firm in knowing that I don't have to settle for less than what I need or want is the check mate move for me. As of today, July 31, 2018, I have been unemployed for close to a month. And if I had it to do all over again, I would along with doing some things differently. Evaluation and realization is key. Remember that. 

Many are going to jobs that they don't like, shoot, they don't even like 5% of the people they work with, but because of the fear of the unknown, because of the responsibilities, of comfort zones they stay. Waking up every morning to go and do the best that they can with a smile, take a break, take a lunch, and then at the end of the ticking clock, they go home. Home, to do the domestic stuff and then go to bed just to wake up in most cases less than 6 hours to do it all over again. Don't have a commute, the stress of that alone has tipped the scales. Yes, we all must have a living wage to take care of the many things that we have accumulated over time, but at the core of living, why live unhappy and on repeat? For me it was an ethical decision. There is more to this decision, but what I want to bring to the front is that you do not ever have to settle, and yes, you can move on. Even if you are afraid, make the move because your life could very well depend on it. Mine did. My mental life needed me to adjust.

Rewind. In March of 2017, I relocated to Miami, Florida all the way from the West Coast of Tacoma, Washington. I did not make this move on a fluke. I did not cross the country thinking that it was going to be all roses in the land of bright lights and sandy beaches. No! My decision was to create a fresh start in a new direction and with that, I was not going to bring my normal patterns with me. though when I arrived, I was still mentally and emotionally carrying some of those normal patterns. That is exactly where I found myself, in my normal pattern, doing life on repeat. Wake, work, sleep, do over. No real enjoyment or fulfillment of life due to being too darn mentally exhausted and sometimes physically. Not enjoying the fruits of labor. Not experiencing the outside world of what ever is out there to be enjoyed, within reason and safety. Not doing those things and using those gifts that God has planted in me to do what He has willed me to do. My obedience meter was on empty. This went on for a few months, until that switch click on and the siren rang loud. One of those gifts is becoming a published author, speaker and advocate for mental health. It has been a desire of mine for many years and a wonderful Sista by the name of Audra Blyther afforded me the opportunity to be in collaboration in a compilation, creating with 8 other woman. A book was published called, Unveiled: Unmasking The Pain, on December 22, 2017. Look at God. That was all God. And if I had not have crossed that map on that American Airline flight, at that specific time, I am confident that my contribution to the project would not have came to fruition. 

I thank God for my Sista Jackie who opened her home to me. She put up with my mood swings and my depressive episodes and helped in ways that she could. Thank you J. that's my nickname for her. Giggles. If it had not been for her, I most likely would not be in Miami, Florida.  I thank my right arm in emotional support, Ria, nickname. Our hours long conversations are a breath of fresh air. This United States Army Veteran is the real deal bar none and I salute her. The motto, leave no soldier behind, she breathes it. I love you to life my Sista. Wait, how did I get to thanking folks? haha. I'm rolling with it. So you see, you have to move when God says move, and He expects you to use the gifts that He alone has gifted you with, and staying in a comfort zone just won't do. Being stuck and afraid won't make His gifts disappear, it will only delays all of what He has for you, abundance, peace, and great rewards. 

As I close, I want you to read me loud and clear. You are the artist of your life. Your canvas is your souls desire and if you don't use the paint brush, your mind, you will not be the masterpiece. We cannot just sit idly by and not create, not invent, not orchestrate in this one life. We can not become the crabs in the barrel. We can not just be satisfied with being a spectator in this life, we must live our lives out loud and full on. We must bring others with us by sharing our gifts and teaching others how to use their gifts. I think the cemeteries are over crowded with unwrapped gifts. Get my point? Don't be a contributor. You must leave this earth empty and fulfilled knowing that you did exactly what you were created to do.

My Brothers and Sisters, this will be my last blog post until January 2018. My self care meter has reached it's red zone, and I must step back. I am stepping back to focus on my solo book to be published and to place my focus back into a few of those gifts that God has placed within me. I encourage you to read the many blogs already available since 2012. Stay tuned for new and fresh content as I revamp The Unique View. I encourage you to review your life and your mission. If you don't have a mission, that's okay. Look around you and see where you can plan your seeds of love and yourself to make someone's life a little brighter. I appreciate each of you. I appreciate you who share a comment or just read. As I step away to learn, to create, and to take care of my mind body and spirit, know that I am praying for each and every one of you to live your best and authentic life.

Below, I have included my links. Please follow, share, and most of all, be in balance and in love.

You can find me:
Twitter @ trusthim4u_ls
Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/Theuniqueview/

About The Book: Unveiled: Unmasking The Pain - Beautiful talented women sharing their powerful stories & testimonials of survival from pain to Victory.

Riveting and powerful true stories of bold and beautiful women sharing their truths about domestic violence, mental illness, eating disorder, body image, and the painful life after a miscarriage, sexual assault, and the absence of a father. Poetry by, Shemeka Hagan. Stories by: Audra Blyther, Lynette Shelton, Shamieka B. Sims, Lashondra Page, Tandra W. Paige, Megan K. Manigault, Denise Marcello, and Tockqua Eda Center. 

You can pick up your copy of Unveiled: Unmasking The Pain @ Amazon.com - 
http://a.co/5xpfZMG 

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/UnveiledUnmasking-The-Pain-334790527019617/
Website - https://unveiledunmaskingthepain.weebly.com

We thank you for your support.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing