Skip to main content

Trust The Process



Do you believe that delays are not denials? Are you convinced that you can achieve anything that you set out to accomplish? How bad do you want that thing? If you are like me, you will look at each step that you take and no matter how far you go, no matter the setbacks or detours, you will look in that mirror and say to yourself, I AM A WINNER. Say that out loud, shout it, I AM A WINNER.

Welcome back to The Unique View. Happy 2019 and I pray that each one of you are living the immeasurable and blessed moments of today and always. I am back to inspire and encourage you through my journey through this wonderful thing called life. Thank you for peeping in. I appreciate you!

Since my last post in July 2018, I took a break from a few projects to gain some clarity about what it is that I needed to do, and why I was doing it. You MUST know your why. I had too many irons in the fire AGAIN, and with no shock factor I watched some things spontaneously combust. I wasn’t shocked because I knew that I was trying to do too many things resulting in nothing being completed. Who said I wasn’t Superwoman? When you get clear and allow God to be the orchestrator you have the ability to see a thing as a thing and call it such. No filters, no illusions, no excuses. It is all about the reality and walking ahead victoriously even if you don’t see the finish line.  Like this, I planned to finish my first memoir by December 2018. That didn’t happen, and I am okay with that. Do you see that? You must be okay with the setbacks and detours.

On April 6, 2016, after struggling in silence for many years, I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression and Anxiety. This explained a lot for me. I emotionally and physically broke down and I could not pull it together on my own. I was operating in codependency. I was living with severe chronic pain. I still live with the pain, but it is more manageable. I was operating from a broken heart and a shatter mind. I was operating from a dark and very empty place, and I never knew how to take care of me. I wore the mask. I smiled when I wanted to scream. I said that I was okay when I was severely devastated.  March 2017, I relocated to Miami, Florida and gained a whole new perspective as to what it truly meant to shatter a comfort zone. Moving 3000 miles away from everything that you know and are familiar with can be a shock to the system for many. I know people who tell me, they can’t do it. To be still for 2 years in an unfamiliar land was the best thing that I could have done for my mental health. It was wilderness moment. It is now April 2019 and I am back in Tacoma, Washington which was not planned, that’s another story. I will say this; I truly have a new resolve and a new awareness of who I am. I know what it is to be pruned. I know what it is to be truly humble in your surroundings. Most importantly, I know even more who’s I am. A soldier for Christ, and soldiers must to train for WAR. To see the victory in anything you must train to win. Your training is not always on soft ground. It is in choppy waters and windy fields. It is on the tops of high rises and in the lows of dark valleys. You will fight giants, period. The key is using the tools for the job to win. Look at David. A shepherd boy with a slingshot and some rocks. Tools for the job. Goliath, the loud mouth giant of the land, the job. David was unmoved by his size and stature. He wasn’t shaking in his sandals because of the sound of his voice. No, he stood with resolve, twirled that slingshot, aimed, and SMACK. Right between the eyeballs. Will power and determination, the win.  You can decide how long you train, but know this, God orders the steps of a good man (woman). Surrender to Him.  March 2017 was when I did not let the fear hold me back regardless of how I felt. Touching down in the sunshine state and adjusting was exactly what I needed.  There were days I wanted to run back to where I came from. Why? Fear. It is just that simple.  If I had ran back, I would not have come into the true manifestation of knowing who I was and all that I was capable of. I am still growing. Let me remind you, David started out as the shepherd boy, and then he became, King David.

Beloveds, I need you to get this if you don’t get anything else out my posts. Take care of your mental health. Our mental health plays a key role in how we navigate through this journey called life. Don’t be ashamed of the PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Clinical Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Schizophrenia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Self-Mutilation, or any other condition that causes us to be off track. Accept the help, educate yourself, and get active so that you can be the best version of only who you can be. No, it won’t be easy, but YOU ARE WORTH IT. You don’t have to remain where you are, in lifeless situations. You don’t have to accept the diagnosis as final. You don’t have to remain in abusive situations of any kind. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS NEVER OKAY. NEVER! You don’t ever have to stay connected to anyone or anything that does not serve your greater good. You don’t have to accept apologies that do not have the results of changed a behavior. Everything within you is not for you, its for that child watching you. It’s for that man or woman in the coffee shop contemplating suicide or murder of another. It’s for that young mother at her wits end. It’s for that woman or man who was raped and violated. It’s for the teenage boy or girl confused about their identity in this ugly world.  It’s for that man who does not see a way out feeling as if he has not power. Get clear! Get focused!  And one last thing, NO EXCUSES. You CAN.
In Love I Stand

#Mentalhealthmatters  #Stopthestigma

Comments

  1. Thank you for this encouragement!! Just today, in my quiet time, I was asking for encouragement to hang in there, even when I don't yet see the dream coming to fruition. And here's your post. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. What a blessing. I know exactly the feeling. Keep pushing forward. Know that everything works. Thank you.for visiting.

      Delete
  2. This is very encouraging! As always your transparency is appreciated and enlightening. Keep striving and fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing