Skip to main content

God’s Ways Are The Wisest

 

 
Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, but a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding. Wise people store up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction. Proverbs 10:12-14

I have had many trials and setbacks. I am still in a storm, but I am steady and unmovable. I have been at my highest of joy and at my lowest in despair. The one true constant in my life is knowing that through it all, God is my source of comfort. The word of God and prayer reals me back to that place of peace and contentment. The Holy Spirit nudges me to a place of calm and for that I am grateful.  With health issues, financial issues, relationship issues and the list is large, we can easily fall into a slump thus allowing the enemy to slide in and cause our thoughts and actions to run a course of dread, like a runaway train on a greasy track unable to stop, and when it does stop it’s like an explosion of two worlds colliding.

As I grow older, I am more and more cognizant of how I speak and what I think. I am learning to pick life’s battles cautiously. I am not easily moved by events and conversations. When my emotions are running high, when something did not go as I had planned, or when someone or something interferes with my plans, I lose sight and control. I can work myself into a bag, come out of that bag, go back in the bag and never realize that I was out of the bag to begin with. Mental chaos. I have grown some much and I am surprised. The word of God will do that for you if you are serious about changing your life and the course of your actions. It saddens me when I hear and read where someone is using scripture to validate their wrongness. Now don’t get me wrong, reading and meditating on the word is what we are supposed to do, but what we are not supposed to do is remain in wrongness.

I thank God that he caught me. My heart has been cracked and crushed, my spirits have been shattered. I allowed my health issues to paralyze me causing me to be unproductive in thought and action. My finances have not always been on point and still not, but I am working hard to become debt free by doubling up and I am happy to say, that it is paying off. It’s a sacrifice but well worth it.  God expects us to be good stewards of all He has blessed us with.

Being obedient to God’s word requires examination. God knows our motives and if we are doing things in deceit, He knows it. Remember, nothing is hidden under the sun. It requires repentance and it requires a turning around. We must stop that which we know is not of God, we must remove ourselves from people and situations that hinder our growth spiritually and emotionally. We must repent to the Lord and ask Him to forgive us and mean that, dust ourselves off and move on and in some cases run on.  We must be determined to not do that which we have had to repent for in the first place. Repeating the same things results in repeated separation from God.  Read Isaiah 59.

As you go about your day think on this. If you were to die today, will you have made the right choices and said the right words? Who will be touched by your absence?  Give serious thought to the roads you travel.

Be Blessed



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen