Skip to main content

A Heart Of Gratefulness


 
 
Looking back at my life as I often do, maybe too often, I am always making sure to give praise to God for all that He has done for me. I thank Him for the smallest gifts and the not so small. I look around at the world and in seeing the chaos, I thank Him for His protection. Watching the news and seeing all that ugly, I am still thankful. Every day that we wake, leave out homes, drive in our cars, or walk into buildings, we are subject to a life changing event. Every day that we walk in grocery stores, shopping malls, and movie theaters, we are subject to be hurt or killed.  Have you really thought about that?

As I look back, I also have to be thankful for all of the dark and heart breaking things. It is in those heart breaking moments that we learn our strength and power. Many of us rise to the occasion of struggles and hardship. Many of us run from them as best one can, but never really escaping for in those hardships we learn a valuable lesson of faith and endurance. We learn through scripture and by the validation of those scriptures, that we will have hardship and that those hardships are valuable tests of our faith.

Psalm 138:1-3 NLT: 1. I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart: I will sing your praises before the gods. 2. I bow before the holy Temple as I worship. I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. 3. When I pray, you answer me you encourage me by giving me the strength I need.

I thank God that I can stand today saying through God’s power I am victorious. I am thankful to look back over the many years of being a child, a mother, an employee, a friend, that I made it. That I am still here and say OOOWWEEEEE that was close. I can smile at the fact that some of the hardships I faced were my fault and had nothing to do with the devil yet, it was the devil in me as my mother would say.

I encourage you to mount up as eagles and not become distracted by the hardships, and if you have not had any, you will. Do not allow yourself to speak negatively about those hardships because what you speak comes to life. If you speak hatred, it lives. If you speak foul, it lives. It you speak revenge, it lives. Our mouths can either give life or take it. So, when you see or feel the hardships coming, brace yourself and bow down to the Father of grace and mercy and praise Him. Brace yourself in the tests and trials of this fleshly life and be confident that no matter what, you are a survivor, you are victorious. You my sister and brother are a winner.  Be grateful for it all.

 

Be Blessed

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing