Skip to main content

A National Day Of Prayer-Wake Up








I am blessed to be a humanitarian. Being part of a Christian organization known as World Vision is a placement provided by God. Once a year we shut down operations and gather for a day of prayer and reflection. Acknowledging all that God has blessed us to do for the poor around the world and praising Him for all that He will do.

Millions do not have clean water or basic healthcare.  Close your eyes for a moment and imagine you or your children drinking muddy and diseased water because there is nothing else. Imagine your children starving to death and you can do nothing. Not a good feeling is it? This is the work World Vision has been doing since 1952 when the company was founded by the late Bob Pierce. We are the voice for the voiceless. We are digging wells, providing much needed healthcare and much much more.

We as Americans living in America are spoiled to the core with all of the benefits we have at our disposal. Today millions are in an uproar over the government shut down, its day 5.  I don't know about you but I am dusgusted about it. I have friends affected along with many who are not receiving pay for their day honest work. I watch the news and listen and it just blows my mind that we, the American people are missing the mark. We are missing it becuase we have allowed this good life to take us further away from the mission Jesus Christ died for. Our hearts should be broken for the same things that broke the heart of Jesus.   We should be doing at least one thing if not many things to make this world a better place fir thise who will follow.  We should be aware of our own footprint on this already crowded echo system. We should care more for our elderly men and woman and are you aware of the many who are stuck in nursing homes forgotten? America.

This national day of prayer for me was very different than the past I have participated in.  The diiference is that I have even morei compassion for the lost. I pray more for others than myself. I no longer see what is but what can be if we just come together and do our part for the good. I no longer wait for a particular month to get here to celebrate black history or use the good china. I no longer fret about how many days it is before it is the weekend. No, I live now and on purpose one day at a time. We all could use a major wake up call while we and our loved ones are alive, and not wait until someone has passed on. I have always been a thinker and on this day, I thought deeper. I have always cared for other's, I am caring more.

We must pray and work. We must speak up and out for the just causes. We must not allow our children to continue to be statistics. We do have choices, are you using yours?

For information on World Vision visit Worldvison.org.

Lord Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen