Skip to main content

Answered Call





If I had not listened to the call of God, I would have taken my own life years ago. I had it in motion 80 miles an hour in a 25, down a hill that curved. Tears and devastation, off of the cliff I was headed. 30 foot drop into the ground. Oh yes I had a suicide spirit. Once. The motivator could not motivate herself.  I thought I couldn't take any more.

Most often we are the result of our choices. We don't take advice. We go from pillar to post and get mad because the new post looks exactly like the old pillar we just ran from. All the while lying saying we won't do it again. Stop and take inventory of where you are and learn the why. Why you made that choice. Why you didn't make that other choice. Take responsibility.

God sends a messenger and because the messenger is not saying what we want to hear, we ignore it. We got it figured out. NOT. God allows many things to take place in our lives to get our attention. Stop focusing on who wrote the Bible but more so focus on the message. It can save your life.

Hallelujah, I answered the call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective...

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing...

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these chall...