Skip to main content

Check Your Attitude



How many times have you lost your temper and thought to yourself, I need to check my attitude? I have to check mine everyday. Some things just get me all worked up and for no reason. A driver cuts you off or nearly runs you off the road, what is the first thing that you do or say? The lines in the grocery store are long and the sweet little older woman at the checkout is searching for something in her large purse. You are in line to order your lunch with no time to spare and the cashier calls for the manager.

You are not alone. I am not a very patient person and trust me God allows many opportunities for me to learn it. I also get frustrated when I have to repeat myself and God again is showing me that sometimes it is needed. We all have attitude issues and we all have the ability to check those attitudes with Gods nudging.

A bad attitude is always followed by many things like pride and self entitlement to name a few. The longer our unchecked attitudes linger the more we block our blessings. I don't know about you, but I desire to have all of my blessings, don't you?

Ephesians 4:22-24 NLT says this, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy.

If anyone should have an attitude it would be Jesus. He was born to die on the cross for us. He was verbally and physically abused. Just writing this part gives me the chills. Abraham should have had an attitude when Sarah his wife was taken from him, he kept it together and he prayed.
So why then do we as God's children not understand that our attitude will determine our course in this life. Our attitude directs what comes to us and what remains elusive.

1 Peter 3:2-5 NLT says this, Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together with the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don't be selfish, don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

Jesus came that we might have life. He walked and talked never with an attitude of self-righteousness, but of God and his unconditional love for us all. We must always examine ourselves and our motives. We must have a like mind and a like heart. We must stay connected to the one source that will give us strength, power, and a calmness that will surly speak louder then the words we can say. God's word if filled with the love story for our lives, how to live, how to talk and most of all how to pray. Praying will no doubt change a bad attitude.

I encourage you to watch for the signs that your attitude is not like Christ and when you catch it stop, breath, and give God praise. Ask God to search your heart and to point out to you the areas in your attitude that need to be checked and actively work daily at making that much needed attitude adjustment.

Be Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective...

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing...

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these chall...