Skip to main content

Surrender



Every now and then I want to give up. I want to walk out of my door get into my car and drive and not return. Leave it all to the wolves. Disconnect from it all. From the angry faces and genuine smiles. From the empty words and lack luster dreams, the so called American dream. Just give it up. I want to toss in the towel and waive the white flag. I give. I give. All of us are facing some situation or circumstance. No one is exempt from facing hardships. Guess what? That is exactly what God wants us to do. Give it up, to Him. He is waiting with open arms for you to say, Lord I can't do it anymore.

Dr. Celeste Ownens wrote a wonderful book called, The 40-Day Surrender  Fast - The Guide for Releasing Your Plan, Renewing Your Mind, and Restoring Your Life. Let me say this, get the book and work it, work it, work it. The fast consists of surrendering a stronghold or a blessing blocking issue. It is giving up something that is keeping you from God's absolute best. Dr. Owens shares godly wisdom and familiar life issues that we all can relate too. At the end of each chapter there are reflective questions. There is also a companion journal. There is a daily prayer call and this is my favorite. You can also listen to the prayer calls on her website.  She has a panel that shares words of encouragement and let me tell you, I have been truly blessed and encouraged. You can learn more at Surrenderfast.com. Go on over and take a look and get on board. You will not be disappointed. You will be forever changed.

When I committed to the fast that is when satan increased his attack, but God. I am so thankful for this journey. I am seeing clearer, feeling more prominent focus, and most of all I am feeling much closer to God.  I feel the scales falling from my eyes. Acts chapter 9 talks about a man named Saul. He killed Christians. On his way to kill again much like what is happening in Iraq and other countries God blinded him and asked him, why are you persecuting me? Saul was blinded. He had to be led away. In his time of blindness I have to believe that he knew. He knew a change was about to come. He was chosen. I am sure he was questioning why him. It was all a part of God's master plan. Well let me tell you, God will do that to us. He will blind us to get our attention. He will allow hardship to force us to seek Him in spirit and in truth. Most times we blind ourselves with the things we hold dear in our lives and the way in which we live our lives. Addiction, lust, greed, selfishness to name a few are strongholds. The neglect of others, is a stronghold. Anything that you place higher than God is an idol and God says in Exodus 20:3 NLT, Do not worship any other gods besides me. The time is now to step out in faith and step into a whole new way of life. Isaiah 55:8-9. Step into God's master plan. We must look within and acknowledge our mess. Once we do this, we must then admit them and surrender them all to God.

I will not give up or give in. Today, is a new day. Yesterday is gone.  I love the life that I have right now and it is getting better. As I decrease, God is increasing. I am praising God because He chose me for such a time as this.

 God has chosen you too. Accept the call and surrender it all to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective. As I continue to bala