Skip to main content

Meet Deondriea Cantrice



Welcome to June's author of the month, Deondriea Cantrice.  I have had the pleasure of reading Deondriea's books and I loved them. When Emotions Lie is one of my favorites. I wanted to jump into the pages on a few occasions. Not only is she a wonderful writer, Deondriea is a motivational powerhouse in her own right and just love her shoe game. Lets welcome Deondriea.

Bio

Deondriea Cantrice is a dynamic speaker, engaging facilitator, and celebrated author who has presented her life-changing messaging to many multifaceted audiences around the country. From CEO's to at-risk youth, she expertly entertains, educates, and inspires any audience with her tales of true life. Deondriea greets everyone she meets with a smile, and endeavors to have a positive impact on everyone she encounters through effective communication, veracity, and affirmative interaction. She believes that, "with direction and discipline, accomplishment is attainable."

I asked Deondriea a few questions, here is what she has shared:

What do you enjoy most about connecting with your readers? I love hearing their feedback about my books. How the story has impacted their lives. Also, the feedback presents the opportunity for me to become a better writer.

How did you come up with the story for When Emotions Lie? Many people see what they want to see instead of accepting people and/or situations at face value. I noticed people were making life changing decisions based on their emotions rather than reason. When Emotions Lie is a fictional tale of what happens when bad advice is given the opportunity to speak.

What are you currently working on? I am working on my next fiction title called, Hellava.

When did you know you wanted to be a writer? I have always enjoyed writing and have written in various aspects for my job. In 2008, I decided it was time to publish and since that time I have published 5 additional books.

What do you do when your are not writing? I enjoy watching movies, traveling, and shopping.

What two pieces of advice would you give to aspiring writers? Know your craft! it is not enough to have a story to tell. As an author, it is important to tell a story in a way that makes readers want to buy it, share it, and continue to purchase your works. Don't expect people to support your works. Because thousands of books are published daily, all of which desire to gain a share of the readers wallet. Having a good book is not enough; authors must be prepared to market and promote their works.



Synopsis for When Emotions Lie

They say a good man is hard to find, but some would argue that a good man is hard to keep. Alicia believes her marriage to husband Arlington is a fairytale come true. Until, she is confronted by Piper, a woman that claims to be Arlington's girlfriend. Alicia lets her emotions get the best of her and yields to the advise of her friends, Cassie and Myra. Little did Alicia know, her friends advice is jaded by their own emotional instability.

Alicia plays the odds with her marriage by betting on her emotions instead of gambling on her husband's sincerity. When the truth is hidden within a lie and lies tell the truth, who do you trust When Emotions Lie.

Deondriea is the author of several books, Rhythm Can't Keep Time, Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough, You! Branding Yourself for Success, Tip Toes, Steel Toes and Stilettos, After The Rain, and Write and Grow Rich. Deondriea has been named as a finalist for the Stiletto Woman and Business Award (SWBA) for the 2014 Author of the Year.

You can find Deondriea's books at www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnobles.com, and www.deondriea.com. You can connect with her at www.twitter.com/deondriea and www.facebook.com/deondriea.

Thank you for stopping by to meet Deondriea, make sure to add her to your reading collection.

Be Blessed
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

I Won't Complain

After a few work days of buses not showing up for their scheduled stops, me getting home close to 2 hours later than normal,  and no good sleep I'm reminded still, how good God is. Even the periodic snaps of depression and anxiety haven't caused me to forget how good God is. The key is encouraging myself because all storms pass. It amazes me to see so many people unaware of the true effects of mental illness. They tell you, get over it. They are the ones who have no debilitating physical or educational knowledge of the struggles. They don't understand the fight everyday to remain in a visual normal state of mind with tending to the tasks requiring your presence. They can't understand why you cry for no apparent reason. Unaware that some wish to lay down at any given time to sleep hoping to never awake again. Unaware that at any moment a fuse can blow in ones mind and all hell can be unleashed. Unaware that they may see beauty or bronze, while a depressive is seeing

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen