Skip to main content

His Presence Will Go With You


For months, I have been in an uneasy place in my spirit and my life. I have also been on some great highs and enjoying much more. I have allowed my imagination to consume me to the point of not taking much action. I have let myself flow in the joys that God has provided. Even though I know that the Father is with me, I have been in a dark and muddy valley. In this valley, my self-talk is not all that blessed. My self-talk is of frustration and admonishment. My self-talk jumps on the back of depression and shuts me down. It is a great and awesome wonder that God is the great revealer of all things, because He no doubt knows everything. I understand that it is all par for the course in which He has already predestined specifically for me.

In my journal writing on Friday morning, all I could write was praises to God thanking Him for all that He has saved me from, pages of praise. I gave Him my heartfelt desire and pain acknowledging that my flesh has grabbed hold of the negatives that I have magnified and took off on a course all of it’s own. I allow flesh to choke the daylights out of spirit even if is imagined. As I was writing, my heart began to pray for others. I knew that I had to get my mind off of me, and praying for others was and is the best way to do it. I know that the best way to run the enemy off is to start speaking the Word of God, boldly. Start pleading the blood of Jesus and off running, he and his imps must go.

Now, why is it so hard to get in that lane when we know that the Almighty is right there in the valleys with us?  Why is it so hard when one hiccup can cause an avalanche of emotion and toss us off course?  We are not in Kansas anymore Toto. All of it is par for the course to strengthen us and prepare us for the greater that is in store. I am not where I desire to be, but I know I am where God REQUIRES me to be. No matter how uncomfortable we will be, no matter how frustrated we will become, no matter how unfulfilled and unappreciated, no matter the lot, we have to KNOW without a doubt, that all is well.

Isaiah 41:10 NLT says this, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious hand.”

Isaiah 43:2 NLT says, this, “When you go through deep waters, I (God) will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” That is a praise break word right there.

My brothers and sisters, do you see what God has said? You will get caught up and side tracked. People will have words to say about you be it good or bad. You will become extremely frustrated in your current situation. I was speaking with a friend the other day, and I told him this, success cannot be rushed. That comment just popped up in my head at that moment, during that conversation. That was God, not me, reminding me of His perfection. God is a god of order and He will only bless the obedient whom He has chosen. God cannot in any way bless sin, it goes against His word that He Himself created, and God cannot lie. Don’t be fooled that we can do it our way, this will only lead to the delay of the everlasting blessings and also guaranteed disasters in our lives. If you need a reminder of God’s warning about disobedience, read the book of Deuteronomy and then dig deeper into His word. We must stand in complete obedience of God and praise Him all the way to the end.

We will cry, shout, and scream. Go ahead, God already knows that we will. We may want to give up and do it our way because we think our way is better and quicker, don’t do it. You may have already stepped out of the will of God, turn around and get back under the Father’s will. Run towards His outstretch arms with humility true repentance.

Your greater is on the way. Press forward.


Be Blessed




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective. As I continue to bala