Skip to main content

Lost Focus


Lent is the Christian season of preparation leading up to Easter that starts on Ash Wednesday and continues for 40 days. A time to clearly review the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  A time to review our lives, to pray earnestly seeking forgiveness and forgiving others, a time of repentance. To fast. A denial of something be it certain foods, television, social media whatever that has the most of our attention. We all have something we can give up. Something we can deny ourselves all for a better connection to Christ.

So much has happened in my life these past 3 months, I can honestly say I have given up nothing. Not that I did not want to. It is because I unintentionally allowed other things to distract me. Today has been a day of reflection. I talk to the Lord as if He is sitting right here with me, which he is. I read the Word of God daily and I meditate on His Word but, I have lost focus.

Today is my start in really seeking more, fasting honestly. My weakness is sugar any kind of sugar, this is what I am going to focus on giving up. I also will be seeking God more in regards to my health and the mission that He has for me.  I can share this because I want you to know, I am human and I mess up and in these past 24 days, I have missed it.

So as you read the daily posts that I share on Lent, which I did not write please take some time to renew and refresh. Take time to forgive yourself and others and allow God to do the work in you that only He can.

Be Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spectators Never Win

1 Corinthians 9:24-26 in the NLT Paul tells us, “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing”. I am reminded with every breath, the race I am running. I know that God has given me the vision and because He alone is omnipotent, having unlimited power, I have won, I just have to run. I may stumble and fall, I may get scratched up and bruised, but run I must.   An athlete does not go into a race with doubt and fear. They are not concerned with who is cheering them on. A runner cannot focus on the runner next to them thought they are aware that they are there. A runner is focused on the run, the finish line, and the score board that tells them if they have beaten a previous record for the win.   Being a runner on the track is the same as

Win The Race With Endurance

Today has been a good day. How many of you get up in the mornings and say this? Do you get up with anticipation and drive to do all that you can in peace, or do you get up dreading the day before it even starts? You have a choice to either be grateful or in torment.  After a great call with a friend I haven't seen or talked to in over 30 years until a few weeks ago spoke so much life and confirmation in to me today.  I was reminded about endurance and running the race that God has placed me in. This race is nothing about what I want, it's about what His will is for me and nothing more. You see, we have to surrender our will for His will because as you know, God's will is the platform in which we have been placed at the starting line to run and not faint or grow weary. We been called and hand picked for a time such as now. Its urgent and immediate. Are you running to it or from it?  The past few months have been challenging on many levels and with these challen

Stop Hiding Your Flaws part 2

In my last post, I talked about our flaws and why we shouldn't hide them. When I say flaw, I do not mean to insinuate worthlessness. No, I am pointing out that what others may see as a flaw, God created as a masterpiece, unique and particular. Yes, everything about you is unique and that is why I express the importance of not hiding. The definition of a flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object. Our lives are filled with many flaws. Unable to give birth,  unable to read or write, unable to drive a motor vehicle.  Deeper flaws of the physical and emotional are disfigurement,  physical disability,  missing limbs., mental illness.  These are all unique. Why do I say unique?  Because each of the above mentioned is an open door to revealing much more than the flaw itself. It is an opportunity to share and enlighten someone who needs to hear your story and see the winner before them. Courageous. Not defeated or defective. As I continue to bala